Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TONIGHT IN MANCHESTER: We Were Promised Jetpacks

I would be tempted to recommend this gig for the band name alone. But there's more to the Edinburgh four-piece than a clever name.

When I first saw We Were Promised Jetpacks last year supporting Frightened Rabbit, they won the whole crowd over: loud, melodic pop-punk tunes with heart and a head behind them. The first few listens to the debut album "These Four Walls" haven't matched the excitement I felt last year yet - the production feels a bit safe and mainstream - but that's probably me and it's still early days. Live - and back in the same venue (Night and Day) of their first ever English gig venue - I suspect they will deliver in spades. A great, wild and sweaty way to spend a summer's evening. Advance tickets here.




IT'S THUNDER AND IT'S LIGHTNING
We Were Promised Jetpacks
These Four Walls [BUY]

No comments: